Well-being and working conditions are considered essential for many employees, and contribute to:
- Significantly reduce unhappiness at work and absenteeism,
- And to strengthen the motivation of staff.
This training allows to understand the specificities related to the quality of life and working conditions within health organizations to face the major challenges of exhaustion of current staff and loss of attractiveness for this sector in a context of overactivity accentuated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Executives, Middle managers, Human resources managers
Identify and understand the challenges of in healthcare organizations and the associated regulatory framework.
Develop a participatory approach to continuous improvement of the QLWC.
- The challenges and principles of QLWC approach
- History of the concept of QLWV: from the QLW to the QLWC
- Definition of QLWC
- Difference between improvement of the QLWC and prevention of psychosocial risks
2. Specificities of QLW for healthcare professionals
- QLWC and challenges of attractiveness and loyalty of professionals
- QLWC and quality of care
3. Conduct a QLWC approach in a health organization
- Design and management
- Diagnosis of QLWC
- Implementing QLWC actions
- Success factors of QLWC
- Evaluating a QLWC approach
Alternation of theoretical contributions, practical exercises, and scenario.
Individual and sub-group work.
Submission of a certificate of attendance.
Address: Color Business Center, 19 rue de l'industrie L-6089 Bertrange.
For in-company training, please contact us.